Sunday, February 3, 2008

Handling Charges in the U.K.

Many thanks for the excellent service. I believe my package is waiting for me to collect it from the Post Office. The reason for this note is that you may wish to draw to the attention of folk buying from the UK, the fact that our Post Office charges approx $16 to cover their handling of the package through our customs!!!

Quite a shock to me having paid only $55 for the parts. I'm still happy with the service and your prices. Keep up the great work.

Update: The post office charges for collecting any duty and taxes due in the UK. I was only charged tax – around $9 which I'm happy to pay but the post office charges $16 for collecting the tax for the inland revenue (customs). Goods under $36 (£18) don't attract the charges.

No comments: